Terms and Conditions
- These conditions apply to all agreements between me and you.
- I work according to the professional code of the Dutch Institute of Psychologists (NIP).
2. What do I expect from you?
- If you give me honest and complete information about you and your problem, I can offer you the best treatment or assess whether you need type of support that I cannot provide. Incorrect or incomplete information may also cause damage for which I cannot take responsibility.
- In order for the forms of therapy I use to be successful, it is important that you continue to practice between sessions.
3. Terms of payment
- At the moment I can only offer treatment that is not covered by health insurance. This means that the invoice will be charged to you.
- The costs are listed on my website. I sometimes have the possibility to offer a certain number of sessions at a reduced rate. If you are in a difficult financial situation and cannot afford the full costs, please contact me to discuss the current possibilities.
- For single individual sessions, the payment is due after the session and within 7 days from the invoice date/session date.
- Payment for individual courses of sessions should preferably be made in advance, but at the latest within 7 days of the invoice date. Should you wish to pay the amount in instalments, we can discuss the possibilities during the introductory meeting and lay them down in the agreement.
- Payment for group programmes must always be made in advance and at the latest within 7 days of the invoice date and before the group starts. A missed group session can be replaced by an individual session for a fee of € 30.
- Payment can be made by bank transfer or in cash.
- Invoices are sent via email or Signal.
- If you are unable to keep an individual appointment, you can cancel it free of charge at least 24 hours in advance. If you do not cancel the appointment or cancel at short notice, I will charge you €15 per session.
- If I cancel the appointment, your costs for this appointment will be cancelled.
- After the welcome session, an agreement is made between me and you. The agreement includes the specific costs, duration and frequency of the treatment, the form of therapy and a treatment plan.
- Both you and I can terminate an agreement at any time in writing or by e-mail.
- If the agreement for individual treatment is terminated earlier, for example if your symptoms have reduced and you don’t need further treatment, you are entitled to a full refund of all prepaid sessions that you cancel at least 24 hours in advance.
- If the agreement for group programmes is terminated earlier you are entitled to a 20% refund of the prepaid group sessions.
- I can terminate a session or the entire treatment/agreement immediately in the event of misconduct, threats or violence.
- If during the treatment it appears that you require a specialised treatment that I cannot offer, I will advise you where you can get better help. In consultation, we can either end the agreement or continue it with adjusted treatment goals until you can start an appropriate treatment elsewhere.
5. Your file
- As required by the WGBO law I create a file for each client to which only I have access.
- This file contains your contact details, treatment plan, worksheets and brief factual summaries of the sessions, incidents (if applicable) as well as other personal information which you tell me about in our communications and is relevant to your treatment.
- Your file will be made available to you for the duration of the treatment. According to the AVG (General Data Protection Regulation), you have the right to request me to:
- give you an a full account of all data I hold on you (Copies of your/your file can be sent by post at cost for a charge of the postal costs or electronically via secure communication Signal/Threema)
- correct any errors in the data I have on you
- delete all data I am storing on you, as far as permitted by law (for example, I may not delete invoices as they are needed for tax declarations.)
If you would like to do any of these, please contact me.
6.1 Default personal data which I process and store
- Your first and last name
- Your address
- The phone number / Threema ID / e-mail address which you use for communications with me
6.2 Why do I process these personal data?
- in order to be able to contact you, when and if I need to do this to fulfil my obligations to you
- in order to write bills and invoices, and to process payments from you
- in order to inform you about updates to my offer (if you subscribe to my newsletter)
6.3 Other private data and information
I keep further information about your treatment in your file (see point 5).
Part of my professional code is strict confidentiality. This means that I will not pass on anything you tell me about yourself unless I have your agreement or I am being forced to do so by law.
I may use anonymized information during supervision, consultations with colleagues or other similar (confidential) meetings to ensure and improve the quality of my work.
6.5 Based on which laws do I handle your data?
My handling of client data fulfils the requirements of the GDPR, the Dutch WGBO (medical treatment agreement act), Wkkgz (quality, complaints and disputes in professional care), and the Dutch professional code for psychologists.
6.6 How long do I store your data?
I am not keeping your personal data longer than required for the purpose I collect it for. According to tax law, I am obliged to keep the personal data of paying clients on record for 7 years. The client file needs to be kept for 20 years, according to WGBO.
6.7 Automated decisions
I am not using any sort of automated process to make decisions based on client data, which may have personal consequences.
6.8 Sharing personal data with third parties
I am not using your personal data for any other purpose than we agreed on, and will only make any data available to others if compelled to do so by law, to the smallest extent permitted. I am also not subcontracting any data processing to third parties.
6.9 Where is your data stored?
Any information on paper is securely locked away when not in use. Digital data not in use is encrypted securely, and only I have access.The only exceptions are information which you send me via e-mail or that you include in an online document during one of our sessions. (See more information under 6.11).
Please consider that e-mail is generally not a very secure medium. Not only the operators of all involved e-mail servers can access every message but depending on operator and the server settings they use, e-mails may not be protected during transit and can be read by any internet node through which they pass. That’s why don’t recommend sending any sensitive information via e-mail (See secure communication possibilities under 8).
6.11 Online Office
I am using the online office function of mailbox.org to jointly create texts or sketches with clients during online sessions. You don’t require a user account for this. Mailbox.org only logs the user IP address and access times, and deletes them after a maximum of 4 days (see also the mailbox.org privacy statement, section 10). The online document created during a session may contain sensitive information about you. It is stored securely encrypted on the mailbox.org server for as long as it’s needed, and only you and myself are granted access and may download it. Once it is no longer used, I download it, store it securely with the client records and delete the online copy. I do not keep other client data in the online office.
7. Complaints and Disputes
- If you are not content please contact me first, so we can find a solution together.
- If we cannot come to an agreement and you think I have not adhered to the professional code, you can file a complaint with the oversight authorities.
- Should you and I not be able to resolve a complaint, a Disputes Committee will help further. I am registered with Erisietsmisgegaan. Click below to directly get to their complaints form:
My Signal number (no telephone or SMS): 0682162631
My Threema ID: KFS5E7WP